Sunday, January 14, 2024

Enough

 

I just finished reading the Cassidy Hutchinson book “Enough” It took me a long time and I have no idea why.  The book is well written and compelling. She takes you from her days as a young starry-eyed employee to the end of the term.  We learn about her childhood (spoiler alert, her father is a rat). She consistently states that she is still a Republican in belief of what the party USED to say were their core values.  She also says she will do everything she can to keep him from taking power again.  This is someone who had close proximity to him.  She knows what he will do the next time around.

The book is worth a read. I doubt it will change anyone’s mind, however.  I placed a hold on the book by Bob Woodward “the Last of the President’s Men:  a book she says gave her the courage to tell the truth and I do believe her.  She knew her career would be over after she said what she said.

I believe her.  I admire her courage and her conviction that she was serving the people of this country, not the former guy.  I live in guarded hope that we will not reelect him, but we need to be prepared for whatever shenanigans he and his henchmen cook up.

Frankly, given his predilection to junk food, I am rooting for the cheeseburger.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Away, but please be respectful!