Friday, October 16, 2015

Speaking in Metaphor

"Everyone gets everything he wants. I wanted a mission, and for my sins, they gave me one. Brought it up to me like room service. It was a real choice mission, and when it was over, I never wanted another."

I woke up this morning thinking about this quote, well not the whole quote but just about wanting a mission and being given one "for my sins"  I often think about it, the "be careful what you wish for the Universe will grant it" type of thing.    I could use a little wish granting these days and if magic is desire made real ( I read that recently) then I could use a bit of magic too.

There is far to much on my plate and although I have done my best to delegate and scale back, something always happens and  more is heaped on my plate.  I always say, when things get overwhelming, take small bites, so today I am going to look thoughtfully at my plate and see which bites I can finish and which will have to wait.

Every so often, you really should stop and evaluate where you are and where you are going , consult the psychic road-map if you will.  That is where I am now.  What is is that I really want and need and what is it that I need to finish and move away from.  I am at a crossroads of sorts and I am waiting for more information about a few things I have no control over before I can proceed with anything. The next two or three weeks should tell and whatever it is I need to do, there will be a definite road to take.  Ultimately it becomes clear and there is no other path to take.  It might be a rough road, but with my husband who always has my back and my hand  and with friends who give love and support I will be ok.

Every morning, before I think about my needs, I try to remember to count my blessings and be grateful for them.  It's easy to say "I want! I want!" , but I must remember that I HAVE and be thankful for that.

1 comment:

  1. Well, go as slowly as possible t take in all the sights, ponder all the opportunities (and alas, ponder all the consequences) and then make the best decision possible!

    ReplyDelete

Comment Away, but please be respectful!