Saturday, August 22, 2026

tis the season-not

 I went to the grocery store the other day.

There it was, on the endcap, in all it's glory

The onslaught of everything PUMKIN SPICE


I groaned inwardly.

It's not even LABOR DAY for goodness sake, watermelon is still available.   WHY by all that is holy are we being inundated with pumpkin spice EVERYTHING?


I swear, they probably make pumpkin spice mouthwash or pumpkin spice feminine hygiene products.  It's really just a matter of time

For the record, I HATE pumpkin spice. I love a good pumpkin pie AT THANKSGIVING  and I make a nice spicy pumpkin bread AT CHRISTMAS  but it's a million degrees in the shade where I live and the last thing I want is something that should ONLY be consumed ( note I did not say enjoyed) while sitting in a cozy sweater next to a roaring fire.

Maybe the Grocery store should move every pumpkin spice thing they sell to one aisle.  that way, I can avoid it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Away, but please be respectful!