Monday, April 17, 2023

Reasons NOT to stay at the Las Vegas Flamingo Hotel

 ugh


We were meeting a friend and as we are members of Caesars' Rewards Club, we had an offer for a "free" room.

We had never stayed at the Flamingo and as it smacked of Old Vegas - you know BUGSY  Segal and all that 40's mob cache- I thought it might be fun to stay there.

Not

First- FINDING the room we were assigned to was hard.  The layout is like a labyrinth and we kept turning this way and that until we found the room

It was dirty

The A/C would not turn on

The soap dispenser in the bathroom was missing

We had to hike all the way back to the front desk and were given a room nearer the elevator that was fine, but

The walls are paper thin and the aging frat boys in the rom next to us YELLED all night long like their conversation was some sort of sporting event.  On the second night we turned up the TV to FULL volume, but it did not deter them

Sleeping in our room was difficult to say the least

Don't ask why we didn't complain.  When we called the front desk about the first room, we were told ewe had to come down and talk to someone in person. It was late and I was in my jammies.

Valet parking is $40 a NIGHT. 

The valet service was ok, but the bell desk people we had to deal with when we were leaving were incredibly rude.  Chris overheard one of them castigating a woman the "you are not in LA and you need to tip me"  They ignored me until I started waving my ticket in the air and even then the one guy snapped at me that he was busy and the two of them both said they were too busy to help me, even though I had followed the original instructions and waited until my car was there to ask for my bags.

The valet service is on one side of the hotel.  The taxis are on the other.  The layout of the hotel is poorly executed.

Oh  you want FOOD?

HA!

We had dinner at Carlos and Charlies. It was meh.

There is no place that has a decent breakfast, The  Starbucks model coffee places- there are two of them- have the same horrible "Breakfast sandwich things" that look like cardboard.  They are only open until 9 pm. The "food court has a burger place and a Chinese place.

We had been told that they gave us a $30 food credit but that was not to be found anywhere.

Around 8 pm I wanted a piece of cake and a coffee and Chris wanted a snack.  Neither was readily available.  We wound up getting a coffee from the kiosk- NO PLACE TO SIT and a piece of cake from the Cake Boss vending machine.  It was NOT worth 9 bucks.

I will NOT be returning to that hotel.  Frankly Vegas is not as much fun as it once was and everything costs an arm and a leg.  We did go on a fun self guided tour for old Vegas sites and found a very cool museum that we need to go back to at some point when we can walk - the initial hike at the hotel killed Chris' back and he was in pain, it also triggered my new knee and I was glad we still had a cane in the car.

I am glad to be home


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Away, but please be respectful!