Sunday, April 23, 2023

Tiny things

 I am not inspired, so I went to a book of Tiny things to write about that I had purchased some years ago at the Library Store a fun giftshop located in Central Library.

Here is the question:

Starbucks, the global coffee chain was almost dubbed Pequod for the sailing ship from the novel Moby Dick and was instead named after the Pequod's chief mate, to evoke the seafaring traditions of early coffee traders.  Invent another brand name taken from a classic novel.


ok here goes:


Manderley. Escape while you can

Visit Manderley.  Have tea in the charming garden before visiting one of the many "escape rooms" located around the property.  Please stay away from the windows.

Try not to burn the place down.


Probably not as inspired as Starbuck's where a minor character becomes a major force in commerce, but I gave it a go.

I should probably re-read Rebecca.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Away, but please be respectful!