Thursday, February 25, 2016

I'm sick of being sick and tired of being tired

so...  Guess where I was yesterday?  Kaiser.  Again.  I have had a cold and because I am asthmatic and I am wheezing, my husband insisted I go to the doctor.  I told him it was just a cold, but I suppose I wanted to be sure it wasn't defaulting to bronchitis as it has in the past so I went.

I saw a doctor who despite the fact that I could hear myself wheezing, pronounced my lungs "clear" and then went over my meds.  She castigated me for taking the meds prescribed by TWO other doctors for my osteoarthritis pain.  Why do they do that?  Talk to the doctors who are giving me the meds if you have a problem with what they are giving me..  Don't yell at ME for it.  Sheesh.  This is the second time one doctor yelled at ME for something another doctor did.  The last time, it was a request for additional tests.  I'm NOT A FREAKING DOCTOR, how do I know what is and isn't necessary?  Yes, I am aware of the side effects of the medication but the BIG side effect is I can walk.   I take it sparingly and not every day.

Her diagnosis?  I have a cold.  I need to - as the old commercial goes "rest in bed, drink plenty of fluids and take Tylenol for pain"  I am taking alka-seltzer plus and NyQuil- Not together but you get the idea.

On a brighter note.  I have lost seven pounds.


1 comment:

  1. Damn, and here I have had a cough and cold for over a week and only lost ONE pound!
    However, reading your posting, I am NOT jealous!
    Rest in bed, fluids, do it all!
    Just LOLL!
    Tom

    ReplyDelete

Comment Away, but please be respectful!