Sunday, February 21, 2021

Texas and writer's Block

 I am eternally grateful that I do not wake up every morning and check the Associated Press to see what kind of idiotic thing the President of the United States has said or done. I am glad not to have uber angst over the fate of the country and the world and that the adults are finally in charge.


I am happy that relief is finally on the way in Texas.  The President sent generators and supplies LAST Sunday, without someone needing to kiss his ring or his nether regions.  Texas was barely red, but that does not matter to Mr. Biden,  He is the President for all of us.  The only people I have nasty remarks for are those who run the water and power companies.  They chose profit over people and did not heed the warnings in 2011.  Hopefully, the good people of Texas will make them make the necessary changes.  This is not "once in a lifetime" unless you're a rabbit.

Notice I did not mention the Senator from Texas who deserves our scorn and to be voted out of office never to darken our political landscape again.

I have been trying to find my creative spark, but writing has been difficult.  I don't really write much fiction , although I wish I could.  I think I just need to concentrate on it- like a muscle that is weak.  I took a Master Class from Joyce Carol Oates. She had some good advice and I probably should go back and do the writing exercises.  I need to make time for my art.  It is difficult.   I get up for work around 6 or 6: 30- I have to be dressed and on the computer at 8. I drink coffee and look at messages from friends.  Sometimes I get caught up in the drama and I should learn to step away.  Work is intense, no bones about it, and harder since I am at home and can't just bounce something off one of my co-workers.  I am on the phone all day.  I really don't enjoy it, that aspect anyway.  Sometimes, I can talk with a coworker for a bit and it seems normal, but I miss face-to-face interactions.  The vaccines and Joe Biden give me hope that that will be again.


A while back, I bought a book to help me with my writing . It is called "642 tiny things to write about."  I am going to try to use it, maybe not every day but as much as necessary to spark my creative though  Here is the first one ( they are sometimes QUITE silly)

The Home from your Favorite Fairy tale is up for Sale  Write a real estate Listing to sell it;


"Quaint castle in the center of  huge acreage , LOADS of Trees and vines for privacy, surrounded by a circular lake GREAT for fishing or swimming. Four plus  stories with  LOADS of storage, including a secret room for storing treasures ( Like your  Spinning Wheel collection)  Bedrooms on all floors have large windows.  Single owner,  has not been actively occupied for 100 years, so may need modernization.  Contact Aurora Rose for Details"

That was kind of fun, although my favorite fairy tale is The Goose Girl, and the home does not feature prominently enough to do this exercise for it.  

I have been exploring my creative side, making door wreaths for my front door.  It's been fun and I am a minimalist in my decorating. and this month's celebration of St Patrick's Day will go up on the door this afternoon.  I am pleased with it,  It has the Irish phrase Erin Go Bragh emblazoned on it and nothing more.  My Dad said that means Ireland Forever.  Tomorrow, I hope to explore a little more of my Irish roots and some things about St Patrick's Day and the stereotypes of Irish character- if you think we are all alcoholics, you might have some Unconscious bias that needs tobe expunged.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Away, but please be respectful!