Monday, March 29, 2021

Laughlin

  Chris said- and I Agreed- that I needed a change of scene.  We get free rooms at Harrah's in Laughlin so we booked a stay.

I am currently looking at the sun glistening on the Colorado River.  Being near water is healing for me, but things have changed and I will be reevaluating my affection for this particular hotel.


First, it is not that well kept.  I found crumbs from a muffin on the worktable near the window.  I  brought my disinfectant and scrubbed and cleaned- if I wanted to do THAT I could have stayed home.

I think the people across the hall are either into something illegal or they have a bunch of idiot friends.  People come and go at all hours and yesterday around 5 pm when I was resting- this vacation IS about taking a freaking NAP whenever I want- two people banged on their door shouting POLICE OPEN UP.  Now, I am not doing anything illegal, but it ramped up my heart rate so much I needed extra meds.  Hope they leave today.  We are here until Thursday 

I am using the Buzz Around scooter, as my right knee has a nasty habit of giving way at the most inopportune times. I can walk with a cane, but it's tiresome and I can't keep up with Chris who is using a scooter.Being temporarily disabled makes me more aware of disability.  I can't open some doors.  I am invisible to people.  People seem to think it's fun, using a scooter. Last night some drunk woman made as if she were jumping on my scooter and said "Oh, I wish I could have one of those"  I said something to the effect that I would trade my knees for hers, but she was giggling and stumbling with her friend. .  Some people's children.


Food here is passable. Gone are any buffets- a victim of Covid- and the places that are open are so slammed they don't have time to properly prepare anything.  Last night, we went to Smashburger and the food was terrible.  I couldn't even eat the sweet potato fries .  They have one size drink with NO refills. The size is small and I wound up giving Chris both drinks. The trash can was overflowing and I think they expect customers to clean and sanitize the tables.  You would think, being one of the few OPEN businesses in this hotel they would hire more people.  We will not eat there again.  We are probably going to the grocery store and bringing back some fixings- no microwave but some kind of food, even if it's sandwiches and potato salad. 

Chris and I are going across the river to Arizona.  There is a museum and a distillery in Kingman that looks like it might be fun.  I hope to post a more upbeat review later on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Away, but please be respectful!