Friday, July 8, 2022

I'm getting days mixed up

 it's Friday, right?   


I am heading out to 29 to spend time with the boys.  My phone isn't working in the house, so we got a "spare" as I am traveling alone and if it's the phone and not the cell towers, as I  suspect it is, then I don't want to be on the road without a phone.

Funny I used to do this run all the time when I was younger and cell phones were not a thing AND there were less people on the road to boot,  Now I would not dream of it.

Retirement is weird. My body is still on my "work clock" so I wake up at 6.  I tell myself I can sleep longer, but that usually is only about 7 am then I am up.  I have been getting up early as long as I can remember. I wonder if I am a "morning person" by biology or by training.  I do enjoy a quiet peaceful morning.  I am looking forward, sort of, to the move to 29 where mornings are quiet.  I am hoping to put a picnic table on the patio to have coffee and maybe read or write in the morning air before it gets too hot to do so.

I am retired.  Someone told me I will be even busier in retirement than I was when I was working.  I would like a rest, even for a bit, but life has been pulling me in a thousand different directions.  The new type of stress is insane.  I am hopeful all the crazy , horrible things that happened in the past three weeks resolve ( it looks promising) and I can just breathe.

So far, I have signed up for an online class in something I was always interested in but never had the time for.  It's via the library and I think I can just take it at my own pace. or not.

I belong to a group that reviews books and I inadvertently signed up for TWO of them at the same time. I also have to finish a library book that is due back in two weeks that I can't read on my Kindle.  There MAY be a way to get it to my tablet, if I can FIND my tablet.  It may be in storage.

Chris and I need to go thru the stuff we have in storage.  We are planning a garage sale in August or September.  Watch this space.   We brought home a lot of things from Anna's that we need to determine what to do with.  UGH.  A lot of emotions go with that.

I have always been a busy person.  I am not sure I know, or want to know, how to slow down.  Time will tell


1 comment:

  1. I am glad to see you are posting almost every day! Good for you! I hope you keep it up.
    It didn't take me anytime at all to transition into retirement mode, but everyone is different.
    Congratulations again
    Tom!

    ReplyDelete

Comment Away, but please be respectful!