Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Arts

I've been a little busy, actually OUT THERE enjoying art in it's many forms ( in addition to baking cookies)  So here is a short review of things I have done:

The Laguna Arts Festival, including the Pageant of the Masters.  This is always fun for me.  We start at the Sawdust Festival, which has the same old stuff every year and every year I look at some and it and think "I could probably do that"   I wonder if I really COULD do that.  I would have to make the time and frankly NOW is not filled with blank time to create anything.  We go on to the Art Affair and enjoy a meal.  The art there is also interesting, but you do see the same artists every year.  I look at the photographs and wonder if they work with film or digital media.  Interesting stuff.  The Pageant itself is always fun for me, as I try to figure out how they ae going to replicate the art I see in the book.  I always buy the book.  This year is was "The Art Detective"  and it was supposed to be about works of art that were discovered in an odd manner or lost.  There weren't enough of them, so they added books by Dashiel Hammett and James M. Cain.  It was a stretch. 

Abbamemnon.  No that's not a typo.  It's a mash-up of the play Agamemnon and the music of Abba.  The theater troupe, known as "The Troubies"  always puts on a fun show, but this year trying to make a comedy out of a Greek tragedy, they had their work cut out for them.  It was VERY entertaining, but definitely NOT as funny as the Shakespeare mash-ups I have seen them do it the past.  The consensus is that Shakespeare lends itself much more to comedy.  This was a very limited run and they are off to Laugna with the MUCH funnier Midsummer Saturday Night Fever Dream.

Baseball!  I was lucky enough to go to a baseball game last evening and sit in "Dugout seats"  If you know me, you know I love baseball.  This was wonderful.  Some people I know from work had an extra ticket and I was in the right place at the right time and they asked me to go.  I love baseball.  Even if my Dodgers lost ( ah well) it was fun to be out in the park and see the game REALLY close up!

This week I am back to Meeting, meeting, meeting, so it was nice to have some fun things sandwiched in.

My review of Jeff Larson's new cd is forthcoming.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Away, but please be respectful!