Monday, April 27, 2015

Comedy

Maybe I'm losing my sense of humor.  Saturday night, Chris and I went out to the Comedy Store in WeHo, to see our friend Julian Michael.  To me, playing the Comedy Store was a big deal so even though neither of us was feeling fabulous, we went.  The show was sold out, even oversold so even though we had tickets they had to squeeze us in.

We got nice seats at a booth in the back. Although the tickets SAID 7:30, it was apparent that the show started at 7.  Ugh, but frankly if the caliber of the talent was anything like the ones I saw then I am kind of glad I missed some of it.

I am going to go off on a rant here.  I don't know about anyone else, but making fun of "retarded people" (yes that's the term this guy used) and telling poop jokes ( about having diarrhea in public places)- just not funny.  I was SO ticked off at what he was saying about "Dating a retarded girl" I almost started yelling at him.  Frankly I thought at first he was saying a "Target girl" as I could not believe he was actually calling someone "retarded".  His attitude about her, that she was there to be the butt of his jokes, was disgusting.  Then he segued into the poop jokes.   I wish like heck I could remember this guy's name so I could call him out publicly.

The headliner was a woman named Whitney Cummings, who is apparently a writer for the TV show "Two Broke Girls" and had her own sitcom.  Her entire act was a bitter, dried up thirty year old who could not believe that men would not date her.  After all she has a house and a pool and her own money.  And that attitude. Angy.  Bitter.  Nasty disposition.  I wanted to flee after ten minutes with her.  I can't imagine anyone spending "quality time" with her.  She relentlessly picked on audience members, but I suppose that is a comedic style borrowed from Don Rickles, whom I never cared for either. 

There were only one of two comics whose act I enjoyed, Julian and the lady who went on before him.  I can't remember her name either.  I must be getting old.  I have CRS ( can't remember shit).

Going out to clubs is not something I want to do all the time, but it was nice to get out and do something different.  I am always up for new adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Away, but please be respectful!