Thursday, July 16, 2020

Pandemic thoughts

 I am going to ramble as I have to sign in to work in a few moments.  Working from home, while a blessing for someone like me who CAN'T go in ( super high risk)  is also sheer torture for someone like me.  Siting for 9.5 hours a day at my desk in my small kitchen with scant human interaction  is the worst ( thank GOODNESS for Chris and the people I see on my way to the mailbox in the courtyard of my apartment, and yes I wear a mask when I go outside)  I miss my bustling office, with people coming and going and the variety of it all.

It looks like we are back to Square Uno here in California.


There are so many Covidiots who think they don't have to wear a mask. The number of people who think that this is all a worldwide hoax to make the orange menace look bad astounds me. 

So we are stuck.

I posted Macbeth's soliloquy on my facebook page recently and no one commented although it did get a few likes. It resounded with me:


She should have died hereafter;
There would have been a time for such a word.
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day
To the last syllable of recorded time,
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more: it is a tale
Told
 by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.




I am trying to find some hope, some spark that there will be an end to all of this and we can get back to being in one another's company again.  Will we have learned anything from this?  I wonder.  I have learned who  failed math and science in the 8th grade.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Away, but please be respectful!