Sunday, July 19, 2020

Sunday morning

I know, I should be writing every day, but depression and lack of sleep have made it hard to get up the extra half an hour early to write something before I have to check in at work.  I am working from home.  I am on the computer for work at least 9 hours a day.  The bloom is off the rose and while I used to come home and check in with friends, now I can't wait to get off this machine and veg out upstairs.  I watch far too much mindless television to relax.  I used to decompress in the car on the way home- an hour to an hour and a half of listening to music and singing or listening to a book on cd.  I never listened to politic in the car if I could help it.  I used that time to shake off the day, make dinner in my head so I could stop at the store if I needed to and be ready to spend quality time with my husband.   Now I move into the kitchen from my chair and make dinner.  Sometimes, I get inspired but  mostly it's just a meal. 


I hate this.


I hate that they have politicized what is a global health crisis and that people ACTUALLY BELIEVE that the ENTIRE world is conspiring to make 45 look bad and lose the election.  Yeah, people are pretending to die all over the world. It's a huge episode of "Punked"  They really believe it.   Until they or someone they know gets it and then the big AHA moment happens but it is too late.

I hate the lies that are coming out of the White House and that they have taken over releasing the numbers. The Faithful say it's because the CDC is LYING- again to make HIM look bad- and that THESE are the real numbers.  Funny  how SUDDENLY there are almost NO cases.  It's a MIRACLE!  Praise Trump!  All Hail the Orange one!

Sheesh.

In the meantime, babies in Texas are coming down with it, even though HE says children are immune and they should ALL go back to school in the fall.  Any bets on where son Baron is in the fall?  With his mother in Maryland ( you do know she doesn't sleep at the White House and she is staying with her parents- who came here via  "Chain migration"  JUST the thing he screamed about in one of his rallies)

Have you seen the campaign ad, with rioters and looters in the streets, meant to scare people into voting for him, saying "This is what it will look like in Biden's America"?  The PROBLEM - and it should be obvious- is THAT footage was shot RECENTLY, in TRUMP'S AMERICA.  I see he has his Storm Troopers pulling "dissidents" into unmarked vans and holding them in undisclosed locations.  Gee   Hitler Playbook, anyone?  If you publicly protest- as is your First Amendment Right- and you disagree with the policies  of the Dear Leader, you will be Disappeared. 

Once he gets rid of the First Amendment, he will go after the rest of them, mark my words.


He does not understand history or  the Constitution, which is a "Living document"  He wants to scrap the whole thing and write his own Manifesto.   His lawyers- Dewey Cheatem and Howe - are working on it.

His party lets him do whatever he wants.  He violates the Hatch Act?  Fine  His daughter does it?  Fine.  I was SICK to see the Resolute desk being used to hawk  products of a man who fawns after Trump.  He lies about his opponent and when caught at it has a hissy fit.  I really need to see ALL of Chris Wallace's interview, but the part I did see showed me a petulant child out of control.

Is THIS really who you want to lead this country?   Is the Republican Party so corrupt that they don't see that this is NOT a leader?   I don't think I have ever seen a President lose it publicly on such a regular basis.  Before you say, it's because the media is "mean" to him- think about the hard questions fielded by President Obama, Or Clinton or EITHER Bush.  Did they snap their fingers in the air like a bad customer calling for another Diet Coke to get their staff to scurry out with paperwork that he thought would prove his point,  The fact that it DIDN'T made him even crazier.  Did he end the interview at that point?  I really must check.

So this has been my Sunday morning rant.  I am going to get my mask on and go to the grocery store in a bit.  It's my BIG Adventure- that and the occasional Car Picnic that my poor husband takes me on to cheer me up.  I miss  my friends and my family and one of these days I am going to set up a Zoom Dinner party, just to see your faces.  Let me know if you are game.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Away, but please be respectful!