Friday, December 18, 2020

Friday Morning and I need coffee

 I am up before I want to be, but things need to be done this morning.  Coffee is my buddy.   The holidays always seem to get here before I am ready, this year is probably worse.  The pandemic has given me the blues.  I really need to snap out of it.  I am lucky.  I have a job that let's me work from home and I can talk to people all over the world via my computer.  This is a "first World" problem, to be sad.  So I am acknowledging my feelings and trying to find the positive in all of this.

A former family member- an older woman who thought she had the right to order me around, used to try to tell me HOW to feel.  "You shouldn't feel that way"  she would say.  I am sure she ate and swallowed her feelings.  It is far healthier to bring them out into the sunlight and try to resolve what is bothering you.  Better for you in so many ways.


There.  Now that I have said it, I can move onto other things.  With Christmas and all the holidays that are rolling along I am working on my "attitude of gratitude"  It's been tougher this year, because frankly I am grumpy.  I love having people in to celebrate the season and this time of year, I have people in to dinner- a lot.  This year I am making lasagna, but not a humongous pan of it, maybe a wee bit smaller this year.  My living room is awash in boxes and files, since Chris and I are both home and his projects which would normally be elsewhere are on my dining room table.  I am grateful to be able to work and grateful that Chris is doing something as well. There is a meme that says you will come out of this a drunk., a monk or a chunk.  I am somewhere in between the last two, although  I did experiment with flavored whiskey ( which may have been a WEE bit too strong, but I like it)


Gratitude.  I am grateful for my grandsons. They are the spark that makes me happy.  Mason barely knows me, although I talk to him on the phone and he grudgingly says "hi"  Bob is starting to read.  I am proud of his accomplishments.

I am happily married to my best friend.  I honestly don't think I would have made it these past months without Chris.  He's a rock. and I love him ( well DUH)  

I need to remember the small things I am grateful for.  

Donald Trump is not going to be president in 32 days.  My dearest wish is the media will STOP covering everything he does or says, Twitter will ban him, the NY Attorney General will indict him and his idiotic children for their crimes and that he won't be able to live in Mar-a-Lago.  Years ago, to avoid a YUGE tax bill  he declared it a private club and not a residence.  He made a promise in court not to live there.  It's in writing.   I loved that the rich people in Palm Beach said, rather airily that there are a LOT of nice estates for sale here and he can buy one of those.  That will be interesting to see how it plays out , as he is a broke as a joke.  I saw a guy was trying to buy the childhood home and give it to him.    Maybe he can live there, but it's in New York and I don't think Melania wants to move to that dinky house.  Maybe I have a little too much anticipated schadenfreude with this guy but he deserve what happens based on his actions.  


Still Christmas Day is next Friday. Seven days. I still don't have a tree. and I hope to get one.  Otherwise, I have the little Charlie Brown tree out front  in the garden area under my front window.  I really WANT a real tree this year but this year has been so full of stops and starts it's hard to say what will happen.  



1 comment:

  1. Be grateful for coffee. Monday morning I was thinking I would be a good citizen and washing out the coffee pot to make Monday's coffee - and wash it out by putting the water on plants, the hedge etc. and I smashed the carafe against a big flower pot. Sigh. Back to nature, my aching ass.
    So I ran into contact my dearest pal in all the world, Amazon Prime. So, a replacement carafe is 12 dollars more expensive, and will take four to five weeks (WEEKS!) longer to arrive than jus buying the whole new damn machine.
    It is supposed to arrive later today. I have been having tea for the last three mornings - it is not enough.
    Tom

    ReplyDelete

Comment Away, but please be respectful!