Thursday, July 25, 2013

Invisibility- it's my NEW superpower

They say after a certain age, women become invisible and I am beginning to believe it.  Case is point:

Kaiser is sending me to classes to manage my illness.  It's ok and I would rather have them send me to class than deal with it in their traditional way- rolling a pill at me.  So I went to the class and sat thru it, although I am not certain that it is really a good fit for me ( the instructor said that we will probably all feel that way at first and not to give up).  The NEXT DAY I get a SNARKY call from Kaiser, wanting to know why I didn't go to the class.  HUH?  I told the woman that I HAD gone, she INSISTED that I hadn't, went so far as to accuse me of going to the wrong room.  When I exasperatedly told her to inform the facilitator the name of the person I was sitting next to, she backed off; but not before asking if I would be at the next session.  I replied, "I don't know if you will see me there, since you didn't see me yesterday."  I was in what I like to refer to as my "righteous indignation zone"  Honestly.  I did get a very apologetic call from the facilitator, about three minutes later.  I will go to the next class, but if I am still invisible I don't know what it can do for me.

Same thing happens in retail stores.  I have been in Victoria's Secret, STANDING in the aisle looking to get someone to let me into the dressing room HOLDING a bra.  The skinny little sales girls zoom past me and help other skinny young things.  Seriously?  My credit card has a bigger allowance and if you are working on commission, ignoring older women, who might SPEND a little more, is a grave error.  The last time I went, I finally got help from the lone male sales clerk ( probably an FIDM student, as it is downtown) He steered me toward what I refer to as Kevlar Bras.  I want a bra, not a flack vest.  Sheesh.  NO wonder I shop online.

Being invisible. It's going to take some getting used to, but it COULD be a lot of fun if I put my mind to it.  I wonder what mischief I can get into?


1 comment:

  1. Yes, I understand now! I get that all the time when I go into a store and I'm a shopper!

    ReplyDelete

Comment Away, but please be respectful!