Monday, April 29, 2019

April 29



My favorite day
is Friday night


I take of my shoes
and shed the workweek
outside my front door

I don't need to put that coat
of responsibility
until Monday morning

Saturday
I try to be lazy
but all the things
waiting inside my house pounce on me
in the morning hours
Laundry, sadly
will not do itself


Saturday evening
relax and read. 
recharge with a
meal and a laugh

sleep in on Sunday
ignore the bells
of the local church
which do not ring for me

My least favorite day
is Sunday night.

Someone always says something
about having to work in the morning
(sometimes it's  me
either way it's a total buzzkill)

Monday morning comes too early
and I am late again
no matter HOW early I get out of bed.

1 comment:

  1. Once one is retired, one does not find all of this in one's life. Alas, though, still some of it - but it is better. I woke up a little after 8, trapped on the bed by two cats passed out cold (as well they might be after all their nocturnal adventures - much of which took place in my room!) and I MAY have gone back to sleep, because the next thing I knew it was 9 4o-something. ALAS, the day does not spread ahead of me, fancy free, as I said I would sub EVERY DAY THIS WEEK!
    (But - then a check arrives, and all is bliss - for a few minutes!)
    Laundry, however, retired or not, still does not do itself, nor - sometimes worse - fold itself. Nor does the dishwasher empty itself.
    See - always something about which to moan.
    Tom

    ReplyDelete

Comment Away, but please be respectful!