Friday, April 10, 2020

new routines

Every workday morning, my alarm goes of at 6 am.  Sometimes I wake up before it goes off and I am thankful.  I am beginning to resent the relentless beeping until I can reach across my nightstand and FIND the button.  It is an unpleasant way to start off. 

I put on my robe and slippers and pad downstairs to make coffee and to think about what I am making for dinner.  yeah.  at 6 a.m.   I am looking in the freezer and the fridge to decide what to do about it.  I sit down at my computer and check my personal email and answer a few posts.  I do a breathing treatment during all of this and I drink at least ONE cup of coffee.  I am supposed to be limiting what how much coffee I am drinking,  but it is my only saving grace, so coffee it is.  I eat something while I am writing this blog which I am TRYING to do every day. 

I wait for the anxiety medications to kick in and I log into my daily work assignment.  It's hard to work from home.  I miss the camaraderie and the daily emergencies that make up the bulk of my job.  I was NOT cut out for paperwork.  I loathe it.

This staying inside is getting to me, but it's still raining.  Once it stops, I SWEAR I am taking a camp chair and a mask and sitting in the sun in the carport.  The family in #4 smokes like they own stock in the Marlboro Company, so sitting in the courtyard is right out.  They ALWAYS have their door open.  Their relationship with one another is LOUD, if you get my drift.  Apartment life.  Sometimes, they really make me miss living in a house..

I'd better get ready to go to work.  I DO wear work clothes- not mu usual dresses but I am NOT in sweats or PJs- although I do wear fuzzy socks, but I AM in my house and I don't wear shoes in my house.

Today is Good Friday.  I will take a moment at some point today to reflect on what that means around the world, and to me.  More on Easter thoughts this weekend.

If I don't "see" you HAPPY EASTER!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Away, but please be respectful!