Monday, April 6, 2020

Monday- I think it's Monday

Days string out when you are home and in one place, don't they?  I wonder how Anne Frank kept track in her diary, maybe she wrote at the same time every day?  Talk about commitment, but there was probably little else to do.  In all of this, I keep seeing meme's about her, but I am thinking about her Mother, not about her.  Frankly, and I can admit this now, I never finished reading her book.  She did not interest me as a teen and now we learn her book was heavily edited by her father, so there you are with that,  I wonder how the parents kept it going.  We have it easy by comparison.

Yet, yesterday I kind of lost it and told Chris that I  did NOT want to hear another statistic about the virus.  I can't.  I just can't right now.  Ok, chastise me, but I really am having difficulty with all the illness and death.  I just can't. I know I should know but it is weighing on my spirit.  Do you feel the same way, dear reader?

It rained all night.  I had left my office plant outside.  I had brought it home to keep it from dying  If it survived last night's torrent, it can live through anything.  As soon as it slows down out there, I will go and bring it in.

I have NOT had the energy or the gumption to do anything around her.  Yesterday was particularly bad and we ordered takeout from our favorite local Mexican place, Joselito's    They relaxed the alcohol rule and you can get drinks delivered with food.  I enjoyed a peach margarita.  It helped somewhat, but then I went off about the statistics.   I felt and still feel bad about it, but I know Chris understands.  I am lucky to be quarantined with him, rather than someone else or alone.  I don't think I could do that either.

I am calling friends who are by themselves and checking in with people to keep contact.  I AM working, so it's busy.  The rain is going to make for an interesting day and I had better get myself organized.

If you are reading this, thank you and stay safe!

1 comment:

  1. I am reading it first thing this morning (well, third thing) and it is a LATE morning, but from about 5 to 7 or so, I was awake - the rain, the cats, thinking about life - always dangerous.
    Anyway, yesterday with the rain and all, was the very first day I was really frantic and stir crazy, and I watched a lot of old mindless TV - there are still episodes of The Golden Girls that are new to me - and like you, Robyn, I am SICK SICK SICK of hearing the statistics, the predictions, all of it! OVERKILL! (No pun intended, I apologize)
    The only good thing about it all was Her Majesty's speech - like the old Paul McCartney song, "Her Majesty's a pretty nice girl." How come We can't have someone like that around instead of cheetoh-head the liar?
    The day capped off by me sitting on my (probably fatter and fatter) ass awaiting a delivery from Smart & Final - they never showed. However, they did call this morning asking about a possible substitute for my Canada Dry diet ginger ale, so apparently they are on their way - WITH toilet paper! So today may be a better day, although the rain continues.
    Tom

    ReplyDelete

Comment Away, but please be respectful!