Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Stuff

Getting ready for a few days off work, planning a sweet little adventure which I will talk about AFTER I get back.  Whatever happens, I will be spending time with Chris which is still my favorite thing to do no matter what we do.  It's nice.

I went back to the doctor yesterday.  Life's ironies never cease to amaze me.  I have been diagnosed and treated for asthma for about ten years.  Taking the steroids.  The whole nine yards.  The NEVER did the breathing test that really diagnoses it. They finally did ( you know where this is leading, right?)  I DON'T have asthma.  Not sure what the problem IS, but it's NOT asthma.  Weird, huh?  I am on a new course of meds to see if that helps the breathing problems I am STILL having.   At this point I am so sick of not breathing and being tired I will try anything.  I FINALLY found a doctor I trust and can talk to and guess what??? She's going on maternity leave.  Figures.  I hope they don't assign me to another doctor like the last one I had.  He never listened to me, just rolled a pill at me and sent me on my way.  He made me feel invisible.  It makes me think about this.  At a certain age, women become invisible.  I was walking down the street the other day, heading for the stairs at the subway station and this twenty-something  kid just walked across my path as if I weren't there. He was headed for the burrito shop. He SAW me, He LOOKED at me and just walked in front of me anyway.  "Excuse me" I called out to him.  Sarcasm is lost on people like that.   Sigh.  If I had been more agile I might have tried to trip him.  Not.  It's just a wicked thought that crossed my mind from time to time.  I want to be an old lady like my grandmother.  When she was in her 90's she was headed for the bank and these two fifteen year olds tried to rob her.  She was about  4' 11" maybe and she walked with a cane.  She LOOKED like an easy mark.  They picked the wrong old lady.  She BEAT them with that cane and held them for the cops.  I can imagine how THAT jailhouse conversation went down "How'd you get the bruises, kid?"   "Tried to mug a 90 year old Irish woman" 

That cheery thought will carry me through today.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Away, but please be respectful!