Saturday, February 2, 2013

Weddings

Up early this morning, doing something to my hair as we get ready to celebrate the marriage of our two friends, Chiyo and Barbara.  I am so happy to be going.  Weddings put a little "happiness bubble" in the middle of my stomach and I could really use the happiness bubble these days  ( who can't?)  It is beautiful to see people who are so in love make vows to one another.  I love the glow in the room, not just the bride and the groom, but all the guests when there is so much love in the air.  I love weddings. I ALWAYS cry at weddings, is anyone surprised about that?    It got me thinking about weddings in general and marriage.

I have been married twice.  I like to say about my first marriage; it was not a mistake to GET married, it would have been a mistake to STAY.  After all, my first marriage brought me my beautiful daughter.  It was good and then it wasn't. I am thankful it put me on the path tho my marriage to Chris.  This marriage is what my heart was searching for.  I have a contentment I never thought possible and a happiness that I can't believe I deserve.  Maybe that's too intimate a detail, but I feel so lucky, so blessed and I can't believe my good fortune. 

A lot of young girls these days plan the wedding to the Nth degree.  I read about that woman who kept a binder for TEN YEARS, with every detail of her dream wedding in it.  TEN YEARS?   Now that she is married, what does she do?  Sometimes I want to remind girls "It's NOT about the wedding, it's about the marriage"  Case in point Kim Kardashian.  gees, the over the top details of her faux marriage were just nausea inducing.  The lavishness of the whole event was mind blowing.  They were so involved in getting her married, for whatever reason, that the two of them forgot to fall in love. A lot of people mistake attraction for love.  You should be attracted to your partner, but not just the way they look. It's true you should marry someone you can talk to.  It's an important component in any marriage.

So, Congratulations and much love to our friends today as they "Tie the Knot"  This one will hold fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Away, but please be respectful!