Friday, March 22, 2013

Goodbyes, Gay Marriage and Holidays

On Monday, a co-worker Charles Chapman died.  Charles was our Recycling guy.  He came every Monday to pick up all the stuff we recycle and usually had a smile or a cheerful word for us all.  He was a nice man.  He had a brain aneurism at work and died late Monday night.  He leaves behind a family who loved him, and friends who will miss him.  Life is so short.  Remember to be kind to one another.

I see the Supreme Court is getting ready to rule on Gay Marriage ( or as I call it Marriage)  Seriously?  As someone who identifies as Christian, I do NOT see what the problem is here. How does someone else's right to marriage impact ME ( except if I want to buy them a really nice present and can't afford it?)  The thing I think about as people talk about how gays are against what is in the Bible is this.  If God makes us all and God makes gays ( he's apparently been doing this for centuries) HOW are gays a mistake?  Are you, as a christian, saying God makes mistakes?  Check Second Samuel  1:26 for King David's view on loving another man.

Monday is a holiday- Cesar Chavez Day- and it couldn't come at a better time.  I know we are supposed to use that day to do good things in the community, to honor the spirit of the man who did so much to improve the lot of farm-workers  and by extension improve our quality of life.  I think I will be improving MY quality of life by sleeping in.  Yep.  I am still kind of trashed from having been sick and a day of rest will do me good!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Away, but please be respectful!