Friday, April 26, 2013

Comedy, negativity and Friday night music

Ah Friday!  How I have looked forward to you!   It's been a long week.  I am on some new meds that are taking care of one problem, but have been creating another.  They adjusted them this week. SO  if you talked to me and I was in LALA Land , rest assured it was just the meds, I have not taken up drinking or recreational drugs ( tempting though it might be!)  Hopefully, this will make me a bit more "normal"  well.. MY version of "normal" anyway

I start out every day reading a series of comics that I have read for years, including "Funky Winkerbean"   Funky isn't all that funny most of the time, just thought provoking and sometimes amusing.  What gripes me is that on the page I go to there are a whole bunch of people who read it every day just to slam the cartoonist.  Really?  If the strip makes you so crazy, GET A LIFE.   If you feel you could do a better job then by all means DO IT.  It's like a switch on the old adage "those who can do"   These days it's "Those who can do and those who can't ,criticize."


Going to Kulak's Woodshed in NoHo this evening to hear a young girl who plays Celtic Fiddle. Her name is Ket Waters.  It should be fun.  I have never been there, but the place is local and struggling.  I think it's a folk venue more than anything else.  I will post a review of both the place and the evening in the next day or so.  I am not making any promises that I will be doing any writing this weekend.  I'm going to REST!

Saturday at McGroarty Arts Center, the Sunland Tujunga Poets are presenting a program including a guest poet from Ireland.  Should be fun and I plan on trying to make that one.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Away, but please be respectful!