Sunday, April 28, 2013

Sunday

I have a friend who is a devout atheist.  I know , that's an oxymoron, but it's true.  Her mission seems to be to  skewer try to change other people's beliefs.  This bothers me as much as someone of faith telling me what to believe.  It's really the same thing, when you get right down to it; someone saying "you should believe as I do" even when that means not believing in anything.  I can't imagine NOT believing in some greater power that holds us all together.  I think if you look at it, God is the same guy for all religions.  After all, each child sees their parent differently. Think about it.  Ask your siblings about your mother or your father and you will get a WHOLE different view than the one YOU have.  It's human nature.  Our interactions are different, so our experience are different.  Just my two cents on it. Now, I love my atheist friends,  and I have a few of them I do read a lot of what is posted as the science is interesting and they make valid points  in a number of places.  I don't take the Bible literally as some people do but my belief is MINE and I will talk to you about it but it is what I feel and it keeps me being who I am.  I don't feel the need to convince anyone to believe as I do.  Your faith ( like your mileage) will vary.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Away, but please be respectful!