Saturday, April 27, 2013

Friday with friends

It had been a LONG week.  What is Friday at work without that 4:30 OMG emergency?  I wound up staying a bit late until it was resolved.  Then Chris and I were going to meet up with friends for a possible dinner and a musical performance.  It was quite an evening!

We found this place across from the venue, Kulak's Woodshed in NoHo  Al Amir had good reviews on Yelp and the price was right so... My chicken kabob was SO full of flavor it burst in my mouth  YUM!  The Lebanese Pizza that came with it was nothing short of heavenly!  The waitstaff was helpful and friendly and recommened a fab dessert.  It was ALL SO VERY GOOD.  We will be going back.  Our friends arrived just in time to order something to go.  We trooped across the street to the venue.

I have never been here, but the place is decorated like someone's garage.  Funky and fun with a BIG fold out bed in the corner.  They have a live webcast and six cameras running during the set.  Interesting to watch.  Apparently you need to bring 15 paying guests with you or pay a total of 150 and you get a DVD of the show.  A nice deal actually.   The performer we saw played Scottish fiddle music, something I am not familiar enough with at this point.  She's a very young musician.  She has a lot of  passion for her art.  It did my heart good to see someone so young totally embrace music.

Afterward, we went to Mel's Diner in Sherman Oaks.  UGH.  I asked the waitress if they had any sugar free desserts. "Nothing here is sugar free" she responded.  Really?  I want a sugared cheese burger with a side sugar salad then....  I asked that my pie NOT be heated.  Something "special" happens to the crust when you do that and it makes a gummy mess. Icky.  She brought me a heated pie.  I touched it.  She said "ooops, I brought you the wrong pie" and proceeded to RETURN the pie I had TOUCHED to the window for pickup.  OH DOUBLE TRIPLE YUCK!  She was not a great waitress, she combined all our checks on one, apparently.  I won't be going back there any time soon-as in NEVER AGAIN!

I slept VERY late this morning and didn't get the things I wanted to done.  So, I am off to bed and an early morning to get some of the work that needs doing DONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Away, but please be respectful!