Monday, April 22, 2013

Hold music, the "news" media and other things floating in my mind on Monday

Who chooses hold music?  I was stuck on hold with my bank the other day and the hold music was a Musak version of "I want it that way"  The song is BAD ENOUGH in the original form, but to have it beiged down to insipidity was just about all I could take.  It didn't help that after ten minutes of being on hold, I finally reached a live person who told me "I am having trouble with my phone.  Please call back"  and get in the holds queue again and MAYBE have to listen to something even worse.  No thanks.  Some places play  "smooth jazz" which I guess studies show calms people down. Not me.  Smooth jazz makes me edgy.  By the time someone comes on the line I am not in the happy mood they want me to be in.  DWP plays this poppy pseudo-techno stuff that sounds like a five year old programmed it.  It is interspersed with "Helpful tips"  "Did you know that you can recycle your Christmas tree?  YES INDEED"  ( seriously.  I got this message in March when I called and the man ACTUALLY SAYS Yes Indeed)  I think I prefer NO music to some of this stuff.  They can come on and tell me where I am in line- now THAT would be helpful!

Am I the only one who doesn't want to hear any more details about the suspect in the Boston bombing?  Cowardly pig, he doesn't deserve to become "famous" for this. Maybe that is what they wanted, to become famous for doing this horrible thing?  His family are of two camps, one says "He deserved to be killed" and the others are claiming America is framing them.  FRAMING THEM?   HUH?  They have them on camera dropping the bag that exploded.  They have a houseful of explosives and they had a shoot out with the cops.  Innocent people don't have an arsenal of exploding pressure cookers.  I for one wish the media would stop milking this story for every small detail.  The real story is in the survivors and what we are doing to help them.

 Dear Monday.  I am SO not ready for you!  What happened to the weekend?  I think we should have another day between Saturday and Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Away, but please be respectful!