Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Behave yourself?

I love Gordon Ramsay.  I know it's a guilty pleasure to watch either "Kitchen Nightmares" or "Hell's Kitchen". The way he alternately yells at staff and then talks to them in a fatherly tone is interesting.  Maybe after the initial seasons, people told him that being a git was bad form and he needed to show a bit of humanity.   It makes me realize that I could never work in a big restaurant kitchen.  I'm a cook, not a chef.  In my OWN kitchen I am a chef, maybe, but turning out all those meals like they do on Hell's Kitchen?  It doesn't look like fun to me.  This season they keep ending on "cliffhangers"  STOP THAT.  Just tell us if you gave Nedra the boot.  I think he did, especially when she blamed the spatula for her inability to turn pancakes.  What's the expression?  "It's a poor worker who blames his tools" So I have to be sure to watch next week to see what happened.

I had a bit of a flashback on something recently, so tell me what you think.  I went to an event and did not know anyone there to start with.  I saw someone I had been introduced to and went over to say hello, as she was by herself.  We chatted , nicely I thought, for a bit until her friends showed up.  She then turned and walked away, mumbling something that sounded like "excuse me" and went to sit all the way across the room from me.  It reminded me of when the Head Cheerleader is nice to the Nerds until the Football Team shows up.  I wonder if I should again, should we be in another social situation?  I will be polite, I suppose, but not seek her out, even if she is by herself again.

I don't watch College hoops, I don't live for March Madness, but you couldn't miss the Kevin Ware story if you tried.  Wow.  I did NOT watch the video of the injury, but I have to say this.  Even if he never plays basketball again ( and somehow I believe he will) that kid has something that will take him places in life.  He showed grace and courage. I would have been screaming and whining like a baby. He called his teammates over to ask them- no to TELL them- to win the game.  He gave them more motivation in that one act than a whole year's worth of locker room half time yelling could have done.  I wish the kid a speedy recovery.   Does anyone want to bet he will be court-side for the end of the series?

1 comment:

Comment Away, but please be respectful!