Friday, January 20, 2017

2,102,400 minutes

More or less until the Orange Menace is gone.   I woke up this morning thinking about the song from Rent , which asked how you measure a year.  If I break it down it days, we have to survive 1,460 days.  I think I may think in terms of minutes, because they pass faster.  I wonder how long he will truly be in the job.  My guess is within six months he will either violate the Constitution  and be removed, be arrested for treason, or quit in a huff.  I don't see, in my heart of hearts, a four year term for him.  Maybe it's just wishful thinking, and I know Mike Pence is not much better so we must loo to the Mid Term elections, to keep the 25 seats we currently hold and add the 8 that are also up for grabs.  We MUST not only hold the line but cross it and make our numbers swell.  THAT, my friends is the only real way to fight back.

I am unable to march this time with my sisters and brothers.I am certain there will be more marches as the 1,460 days progress. I see the surgeon on Monday.   Hopefully I will see him, he will give me the date and I will get this damn knee replaced.  There is never any time that there is not some kind of pain.  I think my knee will be a metaphor for the Trump regime ( not presidency, that man is NOT my President, I don't care what anyone says). Whatever goes on, there will always be some droning of pain and it needs to be replaced before the healing can begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Away, but please be respectful!