Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Stress and stressors

So, Kaiser is sending me to classes to identify and relieve some of my stress.  The classes begin with a "relaxation" exercise, designed to help you, well, relax.  WHY am I always super stressed at the end of the exercise?  Because the instructor/therapist always starts out with  "Put your feet flat on the floor and your back against the seat back."  Pick ONE, I can't do both!  Either my feet are on the floor and I am perched at the edge of the chair, or my back is against the seat-back and my feet are about a foot off the floor.  Stupid non-adjustable chairs.  NOT EVERYONE is "average" height 5'5"  or above.  I prefer to think I am petite, not in breadth, but certainly in height.  Then he guides you through the tensing of your muscles and you should "feel the relaxation"  Mostly I am feeling Charley-horses.  I suppose I am doing it wrong.  All my fellow attendees look beatific and relaxed, I just feel vaguely miffed, which is NOT the point of this class.  I am getting good advice on how to identify stressors and how to cope, like...

I started getting a lot of old flags in the delivery at work.  Not a big deal, as it's part of my job, what WAS confusing me was that my name was misspelled on EACH package.  Now one person misspelling "Myers" I can understand, maybe even TWO, but the last SIX packages had it wrong.  I am NOT new to the department, people should know how to spell my name by now.  I tracked down the memo that was sent, instructing people where to send the former flags.  You guessed it.  My name was misspelled .  Not just my last name, but my first name as well.   Sigh.  I sent out a gentle correcting memo.

I also asked people to send me one or two photos of their landscaping to have on hand for a meeting to discuss landscaping issues.  Mind you, I have SEVENTY-TWO buildings under my care.  I figured most people would send between two and six.   NOPE,  some people sent as many as twenty and one champion sent me a whopping thirty four pictures; and this branch isn't one of my larger ones!  Do you see why I am doing the nine-minute tai chi in my cube several times a day? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Away, but please be respectful!