Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Wednesday morning

I had something that was running through my head this morning, but when I actually got the coffee in the cup and sat down, it was gone.  Life is like that sometimes.  I worry about my memory, I am getting older and sometimes things don't stay put.  My mom had Alzheimer's.  I look for signs and wonder how I would handle that.  I think I'm just tired and overloaded, that my brain is TOO full and I can't sort things out all the time.  They say coffee helps, I hope so.  I certainly drink enough of it.  I used to drink more of it, but now limit myself to two cups per day.  It kept me too awake in the evening.   I work at a pretty fast paced job, where I am often juggling multiple emergencies, while trying to get the more mundane tasks completed as well.  Some days I come home wiped out.  Don't get me wrong, for the most part I like what I do, but some days I just shake my head in wonderment  about some of the crazy things that go on out there.  I should write a book.  People would think I was making it up. 

On a different tangent, it took me TWO HOURS to get home last night.  WHY?  Someone had a FLAT TIRE on the side of the road and EVERYONE needed to slow down to see it.  It reminds me of the time it took me an HOUR to go five miles.  WHY   Roll of carpet on the side of the road, not even in the drive lane, just a roll of carpet.  Not even a NICE roll of carpet either.  Sheesh.

I am getting ready to go to the subway.  I really am thinking of calling them and asking what rocket scientist is doing the train scheduling in the evening rush hour.  Why would you send a short train to service the longest run?  You really need all the available cars to go all the way out to NoHo.  There are only what five stops on the Wilshire/Western line.  THAT should be the short car run.  I refuse to race over to the last car and squeeze in like some human equivalent of a sardine, packed into the metal can of the subway car.  Nope.  I will wait for the next train, or the NEXT one after that, if need be.  It's frustrating and stupid. I wonder if the people running the MTA give a rat's pa-toot about this.

Remember to watch NOVA tonight on PBS.  My cousin Robert Zorn has written a fascinating book on the Lindbergh kidnapping and his conclusions will be discussed as part of the program this evening.   I keep hoping to get him out to LA for a book tour.  Maybe this will jump start that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Away, but please be respectful!