Tuesday, January 1, 2013

All is quiet on New Year's Day

Happy New Year.  2013 came in quietly here in Tujunga with a minimum of fireworks and gunfire.  Dull people that we are, we just sipped a bit of champagne and went to bed.  Got up early, but did not watch the parade.  Maybe in re-runs, which should be going on all day.  We were talking about going to see the floats, but I don't know if I am  up for masses of people, jockeying for position to see them.  They are amazing to see up close.

I see Congress is trying to avoid going over "the fiscal cliff"   Whatever.  They had all year to do this and they wait until the last minute?  A lot of people are going to blame Obama for this, but I am going to lay the blame SQUARELY on the Congress.  BOTH  parties can share the blame for this mess.  The House decided late yesterday they weren't going to vote on it?  WHAT? THAT'S YOUR MAIN JOB!  Not all the stupid little things they agreed on like renaming Post Offices and other small things that may have needed looking after but AFTER balancing the budget, coming up with a plan to keep this country solvent.  This should not be a surprise to them.  They seem to act as if they didn't know this was looming- for the past YEAR!  NO raise for ANY of them and dare I say it, vote them OUT of office-all of them- the next time they are up for reelection.  Seriously, the budget is Job One. 

There is a list of word that should no longer be used.  May I add  a few.  Baby Bump.  Baby Mama and Baby Daddy.  Seriously.  If the Duchess of Cornwall ate a pea they were screaming about her "baby bump"  I am sick of it.  Bump-watch 2013 anyone?  Poor thing.  It's bad enough tho have to live in that goldfish bowl without everyone staring at your midsection all the time.  Baby Mama and Baby Daddy just means ( to me) that you don't care enough about the other person to actually marry them. Maybe that's not right, but it just seems disrespectful.  I do refer to my ex-husband as "my daughter's father".  He's not my Baby Daddy.  Never was.

My resolution for this year is to try to focus on the positive things in my life.  So today, I am happy to be home with my sweet husband. I have a day off work where I can just relax and watch bad TV if I want.  As the song says "I've got no deeds to do, no promises to keep.  I'm dappled and drowsy and ready to sleep"  A nap sounds good ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Away, but please be respectful!