Friday, October 18, 2013

Friday morning, A rant I have held in draft for a while.

I really don't mean to just write a rant but these are the things that are bothering me.

Now that the stupid shutdown has been lifted and we have three months until this crap happens AGAIN, I have to say this;  I am SICK of politics.  I am SICK of the finger-pointing and posturing and misinformation being oozed out by every side of the non-debate debate.  If they spent MORE time working and less time being gits, this would have been solved a LONG time ago. The fact that they are blaming OBAMA, when according to the LAW, only the HOUSE has the power to cause a shutdown just plays more to the misinformation and shadow games in American Politics.  My cousin is here from England and when we were talking about it, I had to confess I didn't really get everything that was going on either.  It made my head swim.

I have been trying for TWO DAYS to get my prescription refilled.  It's cheaper if you do it online, but the online system says I can't order the meds.  My doc wrote the prescription at the beginning of October, but as I still has some left, we adjusted the dose and I NOW need to refill.  No Can Do.  I was on hold for TWENTY MINUTES and still got nothing.  Computers.  A new way for large corporations to piss you off!  The website is a JOKE.  I can't even FIND the number for my pharmacy ( there are a zillion of them) without jumping through a bunch of back doors.  Seriously?  I am a semi-professional researcher.  What would the average person do?

Why do people in cube-farms think that other people can't hear their conversations on the phone?  I have an office mate who constantly uses the hands-free speakerphone and SHOUTS.  I was trying to concentrate yesterday- working on something fairly detailed, and I just COULDN'T  Normally, it's ok.  Yesterday was just a really off day.

I am looking forward to the weekend.  I came home to a kitchen full of plaster dust and a broken kitchen fan.  It was a small cheapy one so I have no idea if the plaster dust was the problem or it just gave up the ghost.  Small price to pay for rust free water and no leaking toilet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Away, but please be respectful!