Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Dreams

When I was a kid, I used to think the Sandman put sand in your eyes and the sand contained the dreams you were supposed to have.  If you wiped the sand out of your eyes, you wiped away the dream.  Some people call the sand "sleep", although it's not really sand it does feel like it.  I don't really know all the science behind this, but will probably look it up later, as now I am curious.

My dreams are strange, probably last night's weird dreams were brought on by the cough syrup with codeine my doctor gave me.  I don't like it and had trouble breathing AFTER I took it, so I might need to be careful as I take it today.  Often, I enjoy my dreams, especially when they are like watching some feature-length movie.  I just wish I could remember them enough to write them down, I have had some interesting tales play out for me at night.  Thankfully, I am no longer having the Sam Peckinpah-worth nightmares I WAS having.

My husband got a c-pap machine with those BIG oxygen tanks and they are noisy.  I'm OK if I fall asleep before he does.  I usually go to bed before he does and am asleep by the time he gets to bed.  Last night, I woke up at 4 a.m. and couldn't really fall back to sleep.   UGH.  I am taking one more day off work, after a discussion with my doctor yesterday, so I will try to catch up on the rest.  I will probably adjust to the sound fairly quickly, after all, my ex-husband snored so loud the walls shook.   I once had a nightmare that an airplane was crashing through our bedroom window.  When I woke up, the NOISE I was hearing in my dream was him!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Away, but please be respectful!