Friday, March 27, 2020

Friday

Friday used to bring me such joy.  AHHHH   The workweek was over and I could spend the weekend at home.  NOW I wish I were at work.  This is NOT like what retirement will be.  I am afraid to leave the house; I am high risk and if I catch this thing it COULD be bad.  I've had a bad case of pneumonia before- not ventilator bad but bad enough.  I am staying put.  Chris goes out, but he is mindful of social distance.

I hope this is over soon, but like anything it will get worse before it gets better.

I downloaded a book and am listening to it during the day.  I AM working, but the silence is deafening when Chis is not in the room.  He is trying to not disturb my workday.  I am busy  and doing a lot of things.

I'll let you know how the books is.  It's the first Lily Singer book, a series about a librarian who is a wizard.  They have a whole different definition of what a wizard is, but I am applying a whole LOT of "willing suspension of disbelief"  I find it helps- or as my dad used to tell me when I pointed out inconsistencies in movies-"it would be a real short one if they did"

Happy Friday , y'all.  Stay safe and catch you on the flip-side.

1 comment:

  1. Well, I am now waking up unsure of what day of the week it is. Today is Saturday - not that is matters much, except that I am not so far gone yet - I can still FEEL like it is Saturday. I am trying to keep up some little silly routines - my weekend china, for instance. Tomorrow is SUNDAY - I will sit in front of the computer at 10:15, for the on-line services. I expect to be doing this for a while- since I doubt very much that trumpy's idea of packing the pews (such a beautiful idea) on Easter is coming to pass.
    I find as I go more into self-sheltering in place, it all becomes more surreal. BUT - still healthy!
    Tom
    P.S. Robyn, don't forget, Monday is a holiday - don't "go to work." HA HA HA!

    ReplyDelete

Comment Away, but please be respectful!