Thursday, March 19, 2020

Home bound

I've been home bound in the past.  A few years ago I had pneumonia and last summer I had surgery.  It's easier to stay home when you have no energy.  This is different.

This virus worries me.  I am in the age group and the medical condition group to be in the "target audience"  I am washing my hands, drinking fluids and getting a lot of rest. I am also doing my job from home.

I have a lot of things I can do and I am going to make a list to try to get them all done.   I have about a week before we 'think" we are going back. April 1.

I am trying not to go out, to avoid the grocery store and anything else.  Chris is supposed to fly to Oakland tomorrow.  the whole think is 'wait and see"

England is postponed.  The travel agent said they will probably give us credit for future travel. In the meantime, I am putting everything I can back into the account I had set up to travel there.  If I DON'T get something back, well.  I will have enough to do it when the ban is lifter.

The virus also means I will be putting off the knee replacement until they can do these types of surgery again,  Sometime in August, I suspect.

I need to check into work in a few minutes and get started on things.  I hope to write more, as it is a stress reliever for me to do this.  I am going to be rambling around the apartment, hoping the internet holds out with everyone being under house arrest in Los Angeles.  I can do some of my writing offline and just move it when the systems restore, I suppose.

Most of my documents for work, however, are online.  This might get interesting,but I can't do anything if the net is down!

Stay safe. Stay healthy and see you here on this page!




1 comment:

  1. Here is your faithful morning reader checking in. Please do keep up with your blog, as I am now on my eighth day of being homebound (technically seven, as last Friday I was off work, but didn't yet know i was being laid off) so I look forward to my little morning diversions. It's a new way of life, one to which I am not taking kindly. I find myself sleeping later and later, as there is no real reason to get up. Although this morning, Smudge, the main cat, had had enough and got me up BEFORE 9::30! I pick up a friend and we go to Ralph's or Von's in the vain hope of any paper goods. Yesterday, however, I finally scored some chicken breasts and some ground turkey! WHOO HOO! As of this morning, I learned my tax prep folk are still working, so I plan on still going to have the taxes prepped next Tuesday morning. I may not have to actually PAY util July 15, which would be lovely. AND, not sure if I would qualify, but a couple of those "relief" checks would sure help out for a couple of months. So, except for continuing to postpone starting on the ironing backlog (I am not that bored yet!) things shuffle along. I am lucky, I have a lovely big back yard with a patio, and a nice little side patio, so if it is dry and sunny, I CAN go out.
    Be of good cheer, Robyn, and take good care of yourself!
    Tom

    ReplyDelete

Comment Away, but please be respectful!