Thursday, March 26, 2020

Quarantine thoughts

ok, we are not EXACTLY quarantined but we are staying home and I am staying, mostly, indoors.  I am nervous about my body's ability to fight off the virus.  I have a super low immune system.  So low, in fact, that my pulmonologist is going to talk to my asthma doctor about immunotherapy, when all this is over.  Not fun, but we have to get to the other side of this pandemic first.

My kitchen is shrinking.  I keep bumping into things and yesterday I broke a glass and my kitchen-sponge frog.  The frog wasn't working out anyway and the glass was from the Dollar Tree,  but I swear the kitchen is smaller than it was last week.  This weekend, I think I will take EVERYTHING out of the pantry and reorganize it.  I look for things I KNOW are there and it's like a worm-hole.  Things disappear and reappear.  Maybe my pantry is like Morris' Disappearing Bag, a children's story by Rosemary Wells ( I had lunch with her once,as part of a large group, she was gracious and lovely, I think I still have my signed copy of Noisy Nora, but might have lost in when I moved)

In any case, I need to get a handle on my house.

I am working from home and frankly, I hate it.  The best part of my job is talking to people and getting their issues resolved.  I was once chastised for talking too much ( once?  No a LOT of times), as people don't realize that while I am chatting with someone, I am also in the program opening a ticket or looking for the job order or emailing a supervisor.  I multitask, but it just seems like I am having a party in my cubicle.  It's how I roll.  It's not everyone's work style but it's mine.

I miss my peeps!

I am working nonstop on reports that needed doing and it's good to have the quiet time to concentrate, but being home, every  creak, every bang in this old place startles me.  Chris is home now for the most part.  He tries not to distract me as  I AM working and I take seriously that the City is paying me to WORK, not sit on the couch and eat cheese puffs and watch "Say Yes to the Dress" or some other mindless program.

Still I can't wait to get back to my office where things are somewhat normal.  I am praying that we all come through this wiser and more aware of ourselves and our actions and interactions..

I will be stocking my pantry.

2 comments:

  1. HEY! I was a ll sympathetic until near the end - that is one of my favorite shows - all the variations, Atlanta, Canada, all the English ones.
    HMPH!
    Tom
    P.S. Who has been told by two people tha tI am going out too much and doing too much, so I am to stay in all the time now, so will probably soon kill myself and the cats (in that order!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually like SYTTD, but I loathe that Smarmy Shea! He's so jelly of Randy!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comment Away, but please be respectful!