Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Wednesday morning

There's a song by my favorite band, America called Wednesday morning.  Gerry sings "Wednesday morning, nothing is the same"  the song is about a breakup, but the chorus is :

I've been waiting every evening
Wondering what I'm gonna say
Sometimes life can be deceiving
Wednesday won't go away



So I've been waiting on City Council, go to work?  Stay home?  Shelter in place?   No idea at this time.  So I am up, doing my breathing treatment. I do them twice a day and have a compromised immune system but since I can't stay home without a doctor's note  AND my doctor is too busy to give me one, I go to work.  Thankfully I drive and we are closed to the public but I am still out in the world.  I went to the grocery store yesterday, I may start shopping on Amazon 

I need yeast and eggs.  I have a bread maker and I am going to drag it out and put it to work, but I need some things to actually MAKE the bread.  That is , when I am home.

I have a ton of things I can DO from home, for work and it will certainly keep me busy.  I think that meeting will happen with my boss as soon as we hear what Council decide yesterday, if anything.  


I have a phone meeting with my doctor tomorrow at 4:20 or something. I had better check to see the time so I am available to talk to him, not that it will do any good at this stage.

So, I wait to see what my weeks are going to be like.  I will be spending a lot of time trying to find books to download and. maybe try some more intense writing than this blog.  I've got nothing but time, after I do the work for work.  I have an extra two hours a day if I am not commuting.

Stay safe.  Keep calm and wash your hands.  When all this is over, we need to have a party.

1 comment:

  1. I am home. Now almost all the time. Subs were let go as of Friday evening, so as of 8:10 last Thursday evening, no work for me in the forseeable future. The Guild is trying to get the librarians some money as the clerks have been getting (via CPTO) way overdue from the MOU. That would help. California EDD says I may even be eligible for some Unemployment Insurance - spent over 90 minutes last evening trying to fill out the form and hit ONE glitch and they completely kicked me out. I have more sympathy for some of the patrons now. Even church has now been cancelled at least until Easter (if then) but I can attend online - I tried last evening - not the same. Although I did learn about a new saint, Gertude of Nivelles, who's feast is ALSO March 17, and she is the patron saint of cats, and is also invoked against mental illness (for us crazy cat librarians?) I am returning the really spiffy new linen jacket I bought for Easter - who knows if I will really get to wear it, and I can use the money, AND I can even drive to the UPS store. Robyn, I admire your writing, if you are at home please write more!
    Tom

    ReplyDelete

Comment Away, but please be respectful!