Thursday, May 16, 2013

Going Buggy at LAPL

Most days, I  Like my job, I really do.  Today was just NOT one of those days.  Starting with a misunderstanding that left me frustrated and upset, I spent the better part of the morning trying to untangle a mess. When it was solved, I raced off to a meeting.  It was a productive meeting and I was feeling pretty good.  It was kind of past lunchtime so I grabbed a snack and went back to my desk to see what was there.  I had a grey interoffice envelope and when I opened it, I found a plastic grocery bag with dead cockroaches in it and a note from the sender telling me, here was the proof I asked for....   uh... 

Here were the actual instructions:

If you see bugs, try to kill one and put it in a baggie.  GSD needs to see the proof of the bugs, as a lot of places call in bugs and don't have them ( it's NOT the Library Department that calls them in, but we are being painted with the same brush, apparently)  SHOW the bug to the person from GSD when they come to the branch.  This will also determine what type of pesticide will be used.  This particular librarian  does not have a mean bone in her body, so I know it wasn't anything malicious or directed toward me, especially since I would have known where it came from and  it would have been an unpleasant conversation with someone's boss if it had been.  No this was just someone totally mishearing the instructions.

I sealed them in a ziplock and sent them back.  I will check on their pest control order. Tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. I knew it! Glad the intent wasn't malicious, but still...

    Will be glad to see you next week :-)

    ReplyDelete

Comment Away, but please be respectful!