Friday, November 21, 2014

Most Thankful

I know my most fervent reader and commenter, Tom is waiting for this....

I am MOST thankful , that five years ago today, I married my very best friend, my lover, my heart, Christopher Myers.  Life has thrown us both a few curve balls, but we stand together against them.  He was my rock when four months after our joyful wedding day, I was devastated by the loss of my beloved father. We disagree sometimes, but we do not fight and yell at each other.  I NEVER ever wake up afraid, which has not always been the case.  He loves me and I can tell him anything without fear of his reaction.  Happy isn't even close to what I feel. 

I don't know what I did to deserve this man in my life.  People ask if he has a brother.  Yes he does, several actually.  They are scattered all over the country and I only know them slightly. Chris is one of a kind, however.  Smart, sweet, funny, gentle, thoughtful, ok you get the picture.

Thank you, Chris, for marrying me and putting up with my quirky self.  I am looking forward to many more years of this kind of life with you.  No matter what life throws at us, sweetheart, as long as we are together, it's all good.

1 comment:

  1. Having met Chris a couple of times, I can back up everything Robyn is saying herein, and then some! He is a HELL of a nice man! And (I hope this doesn't come out the wrong way) you two deserve each other, AND deserve all the happiness you obviously are having. It is a nice treat for a sometimes wistful singleton like me to bask in the warmth of a genuinely devoted and loving couple. Tom

    ReplyDelete

Comment Away, but please be respectful!