Monday, November 19, 2012

Asthma cures

I have adult onset asthma.  It sucks, literally and figuratively.  Last Friday, instead of doing things to get ready for our vacation, Chris and I were at Kaiser, trying to get some relief for my constant coughing and not breathing routine.  I  kept insisting on a breathing treatment which helped for a day or so but yesterday it was back to the same old wheeze.I am exhausted.  I missed seeing my friend, the talented Cindy Alexander last Thursday because I was too wiped out to move.  This cannot continue.  I am tired of being over medicated, just to function.  The one thing that seems to help is to get into the car and turn the AC on full blast.  MY car doesn't have AC - it's been out for a long time and I can usually deal with the heat better than Chris.   I have been looking for alternative medicines, more natural remedies, but frankly they sound to far fetched to work.  My personal favorite advised heating a banana over a gas flame and coating it with black pepper.  That sounds worse than not being able to breathe,( well, not really)  I wonder if there are any testimonials about that.  The post was from one person, who sounded a little bit nuts IMHO.  I have been drinking hot tea with honey to soothe my throat and to tamp down the tickle.  I am on antibiotics; apparently it has defaulted to asthmatic bronchitis, although the doctor didn't inform me of that, I had to read her diagnosis on my email from Kaiser.  On our vacation, I did a lot of sleeping.  NOT the way I had my time off planned, but I guess I needed it.   I am lucky to have a caring husband.  We did some of the things we had planned, but had to scale way back, as I was just in no shape to do much of anything.  More on San Diego tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Away, but please be respectful!