Sunday, November 4, 2012

The Internet

The Internet is a wonderful thing.  Information and amusement at your fingertips 24 hours a day.  You can connect with people you will never meet and find friends from long ago and reconnect.  Sometimes, people in your past are better left there, I fear.  Sometimes, you connect with someone you remember fondly, only to find that they and you have grown in such a way as to be diametrically opposed in thought.  Some of these people you can still connect with, if they agree to have rational discussions with you.  In some cases, you can almost see the foam on their mouths as they attack you personally when you DARE to disagree that the world is flat ( well maybe not that the world is flat , but you know what I mean.)  So what to do about that?  We have been cyber friends for a while, but this election seems to be bringing out the worst in people. In one case, I have hidden a person's postings until after the election, but they come and rant on mine.  I don't post too many political things, but I DO and when I do it is because I believe in what is being said.  Some people can twist your words around and you wind up defending an assault that comes at you from all angles.  I keep remembering the computer's words in "War Games"  ( probably not an exact quote but) "Strange game.  The only way to win is not to play."  Someone said, and it IS true, that on Wednesday morning half the country is going to be pissed off.  I just hope there are no shenanigans like the Bush/Gore election.   Redonkculous.  I think I will just be playing Gardens of Time and Words with Friends until then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Away, but please be respectful!