Thursday, November 29, 2012

Wasting time

I seem to have begun wasting a lot of time playing games on Facebook.  I know.  It's hard not to play, even though it's almost pointless.  Those games that require you to recruit friends in order to advance.  Really?  It reminds me of pyramid schemes in the 80's.  You drag your friends in with promise of riches and they may or may not get screwed, based on where in the scheme you bring them in.  The only way to win is not to play.

I have been reading Sally Bedell Smith's HUGE book on Queen Elizabeth.  It's slightly gossipy, with a great deal of admiration for the woman and the work she does.  You may argue that she doesn't do anything much and maybe you are right.  As an American I have no clue what she really does in relation to English government. The woman is a walking PR campaign for England.  She IS the public face of the nation.  I loved how this summer she "broke character" as it were and did that skit with Daniel Craig for the Olympics.  She always seemed to have NO sense of humor at all ala Queen Victoria.  The book asserts that her mother and her grandmother taught her that smiling in public is bad form.  Poor thing.  The book is well written, but so big I am struggling with it.  It does not help that those pesky Facebook games are getting in the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Away, but please be respectful!