Friday, November 9, 2012

"Unmentionables"

Isn't THAT an old-fashioned word?  I love it.  Yesterday , I trotted over to my local Victoria's Secret to buy new Unmentionables.  I am, let's face it, voluptuous!  I want good garments.  BUT VS seems to think that only smaller, less "blessed", girls deserve cute sexy things.  NOT!  Every time I go into a store, the well meaning sales clerks, including guys, steer my aged body toward granny panties and what I call Kevlar bras.  I want a BRA, not a bullet proof vest., I an not expecting an assassination attempt.  Sheesh.  Women of my size and age want to feel sexy- well I do.  I may be over-sharing here, but like the mother in the comic 9 Chickweed Lane who wears jungle themed undergarments, I think it's nice to be comfortable AND sexy under your clothes. Is it too much to ask?  Apparently.  I told the girl yesterday I did not NEED any extra padding in my bras and she sadly said they didn't carry anything else in my size.  Thankfully, the website did, but I think the stores are missing the point.  The sales people work on a partial commission.  Who has more money to spend?  THAT'S RIGHT!   Women "of a certain age"  and size!  I have given up going into their stores, which is sad, because I actually enjoy shopping.  Well, sometimes.  But I am not buying perfume or lotions from a website on the off chance I like it, and I am less likely to see new products there while I am looking for something.  I have less "browsing" patience when I am home looking for a specific item than I would in a brick and mortar store.  I wonder if that's just me, or if everyone feels that way?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Away, but please be respectful!