Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Televison

Is it me or is television getting worse?  I remember the song with the line "57 channels and nothing on"  Now we have hundreds of them and they offer the same dreck on most of them.  Reality TV.  BLEH.  I keep meaning to watch TV shows I hear are good, but by the time I get to them, the networks have yanked them in favor of rerunning some crud that wasn't good the first time around.   Unlike some leftovers, the flavors don't improve the next day.  There is also a new trend, the one film marathon.  They keep showing the same movie over and over. Don't they have anything quality they can show you?  I LOVE the Wizard of Oz, but I think it ran for 24 hour straight over Thanksgiving. It reminds me of going to the movies when I was a kid.  They would sell you a ticket and you could go in and watch the movie, it just kept playing over and over.  They didn't clear the theater, you'd just wait until you got to the point you came in and then leave.  My Dad used to say "This is where we came in at"  now I see that kid from Two and a half men is telling people not to watch the show.  Want to bet it's a marketing ploy to get viewership?  Sounds like it.  I am not belittling his beliefs, if that is what the true cause of this is, but why doesn't he just quit if the show is so contrary to his beliefs?  By doing this, he is bringing more attention to the show, which I never really watched anyway.  I am not going to start now, just to see what this latest tempest in the teacup is all about.

Switching gears.  I don't think I finished my "Thankfuls, so I will be posting a few more:

Medical coverage- I have been to Kaiser so many times in the last month it's not funny.  Thank goodness for the coverage that allows me and Chris to be treated.
Leftovers- Turkey, enough said
Good neighbors- I may have posted that one, but when you have had terrible neighbors, you learn to appreciate the good ones.


I just looked out my window.  The clouds were catching the rays of the sun and are this beautiful cotton candy pink in an impossibly blue sky.  My daughter tells me I don't see color right, maybe I don't see color the same way other people do, red often looks orange for instance.  I appreciate the colors I do see and the way they lift my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Away, but please be respectful!