Monday, February 3, 2020

Football

I like football.  I went to San Fernando High School where football is king. One of my classmates won the Heisman Trophy ( and made NOTHING of himself afterward, which is a real shame and I am not going to get into the culture that trains people to play a game, you can only play for about ten year and then WHAT?)

I understand the game and when I was married to the first husband and he played "semi-pro" ball ( it was kind of like Pop Warner football for adults and while it is true that there were rare occasions where pro scouts looked at the games, I HIGHLY doubt any of the players were ever seriously considered to be invited to training came in the big leagues)  I used to run "clinics" for the wives and girlfriends and can explain the game to you in about ten minutes so you can understand it well enough to enjoy a Super Bowl party and not look like an idiot.

Yesterday, I watched the Super Bowl.  I love to watch it.  Usually the Commercials are wonderful, smart and humorous or heart tugging.  This year?  Meh

I didn't really care too much who won the game, although I did prefer San Francisco after the end from Kansas started praising Trump to the skies.  He wore a jersey with a photo of the day Trump met with Kanye.  I don't know, but I would not want Kanye- who famously claims to NEVER have read a book, so he's not that smart in my estimation- to represent me or my cause.  BLEH. Can someone explain the appeal of Kanye?  Maybe he's a musical innovator, but All I ever see is him acting like a jerk.  You don't get to be a jerk, even if your music is off the chain. 

Rant over.

In my book, the Niners thought they had it in the bag, up by ten points with ten minutes to go.  The Chiefs have a record of MASSIVE comebacks, HECK  even I knew that!  So  congrats to them.  They represented Missouri well.  It seems 45 is not aware that Kansas City is in and plays in Missouri.  I didn't either, but I  think I would have been damn sure (since I know that there are TWO Kansas Cities in the US) which one was being represented.

So congrats to the Chiefs.  It was a good game to watch.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Away, but please be respectful!