Thursday, February 13, 2020

Theme songs

My husband got an ad in the mail that caused him to break into The Love Boat theme song.  Great.  thanks for the earworm, Christopher.

I have been thinking about PERSONAL theme songs all day today.  I went in to work super early and tried to get Pandora to play the song that I sometimes need to hear to empower me.  It's a song by a woman I am proud to know- Cindy Alexander.  Cindy is an awesome human with an amazing set of pipes and a talent for writing wonderful songs.  the song I needed today was a song I often think of as my theme song  "Idiot Child"  Sometimes I feel like a total idiot, like everyone else gets it and I'm standing there like "what?"   The thing about the song is the power of Cindy's voice both tender and soaring.  I have been singing along, my speech therapist told me I have to do some breathing exercise, so I watch my phrasing and breathing and sing along. I almost have my range back, if not my tone.  Baby steps. Google the song and Cindy.  She's amazing.

My other theme song is Warren Zevon's "My shit's fucked up"  I don't need to explain that to anyone, but if you haven't heard the song, take a trip over to Youtube.  Classic Zevon.

Music keeps me grounded.   I just don't need to hear theme songs from cheesy 1970s television shows...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Away, but please be respectful!