Monday, February 24, 2020

I have the flu

I have not written anything since Thursday.  I have the flu.  It hit me at work- sort of and when I got home I was feeling miserable so I went to bed.  And pretty much stayed there until this morning. I gave up tickets to a play I was DYING to see- great seats too ( my friend who gifted us with them was able to swap them out for a later date, different seats but  I am NOT complaining!)  I am shaky but slept ok, without incident so I guess I am better.  We are so short-handed at work right now and I have a million things waiting for me ( more like 500 emails but hey)

I'm gonna give it a shot and see how it goes. No promises.

The worst thing was my eyes hurt so badly I could not focus to read.  Great.  I have THREE books, aching to be read and I was just in bed but NOOOOO. So I watched bad tv

I love the show "Love it or List it" but I know a lot of it is faked for drama purposes.  At some point in the binge watch yesterday, I started judging the characters and their performances.  I didn't LIKE some of the couples.  They behaved badly to the competitor hosts.  You are supposed to like Hilary and David does his best to be obnoxious.  I have a feeling it's just an act on his part.  Hilary was in the Rocky Horror Picture Show- she was the bride Betty Monroe.  Bit of trivia.   I enjoy what she does with the homes, I wondered if the new furniture was included, so I looked it up. For this show it was, It's  Fixer Upper that they have to pay for the furniture they want to keep. It sucks , in my opinion, because most of those people on Fixer Upper are not exactly wealthy, unlike those people on Property Brothers who sometimes have an  "All-in" budget of a million dollars.  Sheesh.

So I am off to work this morning.  Wish me luck.  I haven't really eaten much in the last three days, despite Chris' worried prompting and offers of food.  I'm hungry, just nothing sounds like I should eat  it and some stuff just makes my stomach roll in protest.

I should probably stay home, but you know me.  I will see what the day brings.

1 comment:

  1. You should stay home. Your health is more important.
    But then, I am prejudiced.
    Tom

    ReplyDelete

Comment Away, but please be respectful!