Monday, February 10, 2020

Wind is my least favorite

Wind is my least favorite weather phenomenon.  I HATE the sound of howling winds in the middle of the night, the sound of the trees, groaning and tapping on the window.   I hate the thought of what the wind is doing to the landscape and the buildings.

I hate the thought of trying to pilot my small car on the freeway in these high winds.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE a gentle breeze, stillness is uncomfortable.  But when the winds are going as fast as an Indy Car, I get concerned for my safety.  I need to remember to tie my hair back and I don't want to wear a skirt to work, but my slacks are in the laundry- bad planning on my part.

I see the power is still out in Hayward and I am worried about Chris' mother who has been without power since Sunday.  I hope they restore it soon.

I am just glad we took the Sunland Tujunga Oak down.  With the velocity of this current storm, it would certainly have fallen and done some damage.

I need to get rolling.  It's probably going to be a long day at my desk and I have a stack of things waiting.


1 comment:

  1. My sentiments exactly. I fell asleep early, about 10, after the Oscars (now there is a column you could write!) woke up at 12:10 - I checked - and the winds - well, needless to say, not much sleep until after 8 this morning - luckily I am home all week, so I could get more sleep - with the cats - who seem to LOVE to go out in it! Damn them! - and am surveying the damage this morning - luckily for me, mostly leaves and camellias..............but it still scares the bejeezus out of me!
    Tom

    ReplyDelete

Comment Away, but please be respectful!