Sunday, February 16, 2020

Name Calling 101

I see that Mr. Trump is conducting yet another Master Class in Infantile Name Calling 101 ( or is it Level 401- I graduated college in 1980, I can't remember how they label the levels)

He's - to quote Daffy Duck- despicable.

I love that I learned all sorts of interesting words from Daffy, none of them as mean spirited as what trips from the corpulent mouth and the squat thumbs of the person who currently places his oversize backside in the chair behind the Resolute desk.

Tell me, when did name calling become acceptable in regular business dealings?  Oh year He did it all the time.  Perhaps that explains his failures, his bankruptcies, his need to borrow millions form overseas banks as banks in this country won't touch him.

How do we explain to our children that "name calling isn't nice" when every word, every tweet, every pseudo news conference involving that man includes some kind of slur?  I don't know.

We need to get back to where we treat each other with civility.  I am sorry but his wife's "campaign "  sadly headed "Be Best" shows a real lack of backbone.  "Be best... WHAT?  It's missing a word, but I think he command of English is not as good as they claim.  Here are a few suggestions:

Be your best
Be a best friend
Be the best you can be


Just a start.

As for me, I am going to do two things.  1- I will try my best ( ooh there's another one for Melania) NOT to lower myself to the level of that man and his followers and not name call.  2- VOTE and get out the vote ( if you are reading this, PLEASE vote, unless you are supporting the current regime.)

We seem to be trapped in a horrible remake of Back to the Future where Biff is somehow President.  Robert Zemekis has a lot to answer for.


1 comment:

  1. Completely agree with you!
    Dammit, the problem for me is, I get so angry at him, I start descending to his level and calling him names! Aloud, even when I am alone driving. Probably especially then as the news is on.
    OK, time to go back to just listening to the classical station To whom I give a monthly donation - so I should be availing myself of their calming and lovely music!
    May I add, this is Presidents' Day weekend, and I will NOT be honoring - here's a name! - the incumbent!
    Tom

    ReplyDelete

Comment Away, but please be respectful!