Saturday, February 1, 2020

Is it life imitating art or....

I am reading ( well  not reading I am listening to a book on cd in my car) called "The Vanishing Stair" by Maureen Johnson.  It's a YA ( young adult) novel and a lot of YA books are really really good so don't  let the label fool you.

In the book, one of the prankster kids lets about thirty squirrels loose in the library- this to get everyone on campus busy while they look for clues in a disappearance of another student. 

I clapped my free hand over my mouth - I was driving after all.

You see, the day before, I got a call about  wildlife in a chimney at one of my older branches.  Did you know that our older branches were built with chimneys to help heat them and to make them look more like the homes in the area, to blend in?  It's true.

In any case, I spent most of yesterday and part of today (Shh don't tell my boss, but this is a freebie  a lot of times, I do something I consider a gift to the City I live in, and this is one of them.  Add to that that a dead Squirrel takes much more time and energy to remove, along with what happens when an animal dies in the branch so.. yeah)

The company came out today, found the squirrel was going in and our, and is sealing where it was getting in. 

WHEW!

Problem solved!

At least it wasn't THIRTY squirrels  running amok and dancing the Watusi in the reading room

1 comment:

  1. When I worked at J.C. Fremont, their (non-working) fireplace was quite a focal point for many visitors. When (back in ye olden tymes, when I didn't have to lie about my age, waistline or weight) the children's room at the Pasadena Main Library still had an ENORMOUS working fireplace, and in fact, it was still working until the late 80's/early 90's - ha, may still be for all I know. Gee, I hardly ever even use my own fireplace at home - luckily NO squirrels, doing the Watusi - a song I always loved (by the Orlons) but a dance, like the Mashed Potato, I could never manage to master.
    Tom

    ReplyDelete

Comment Away, but please be respectful!