Thursday, February 6, 2020

You've gotta hope

Emily Dickinson said "Hope is a thing with wings"  I wonder what she meant.  People say "hope floats"  ok, strange quote but what is it to hope?

As we enter ever darkening political times, I find myself clinging more to my faith, questioning my belief in a loving God who watches over us.  He did nothing to prevent the atrocities of Hitler,the Khmer Rouge and other horrible things that happened to people on this planet.

Why do I still have faith he will help us now?

I have to have hope, even as 45 begins a movement to declare himself President for life, as he goes after his "enemies, to eliminate them, to jail them- he's got a list, I'm sure.

Still I wake up every day and say a small prayer that common decency will return tho this country.  That public name calling will be treated like the playground bully and shunned.  I am tired of hearing the LIE that he is making this country great. 

Mussolini made the trains run on time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Away, but please be respectful!